POSITION: Operation Supervisor
DUTY STATION: Peshawar
NO OF POSITIONS: 09
REPORT TO: Assistant Manager BRT Control Centre
Salary Package: Market based competitive salary package.
The Operation Supervisor will be responsible for assisting Assistant Manager BRT Control Centre in the daily monitoring of operation of 220 buses on seven routes. This position will also be responsible to record violations and monitor bus headways through GPS, AVL and CCTV cameras. This also includes recording of contract violations and other components of the declared project in accordance with the requirements of the company’s obligations. From time to time this position needs to conduct traffic and public surveys.
The Operation Supervisor will assist Assistant Manager BRT Control Centre. Their prime responsibilities will include:
- To ensure complete implementation of scheduled headways through Global Positioning System (GPS), Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) and CCTV cameras at stations and main corridor;
- Collecting information by monitoring and observing activities through cameras/AVL system in control centre to detect irregular activities and keeping detailed log of the violations;
- To ensure better quality of services, all ongoing activities (at buses and routes) comply with the conditions of the declared project assigned to the company;
- To ensure effective communications with the Assistant Manager BRT Control Centre and control centre staff at all times;
- Compile daily operational reports, compliance reports and violation reports;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by TransPeshawar.
Key tasks of Operation Supervisor include:
- Reporting of events as per company operating procedures manual;
- Contributing in implementation of operational plans through a process of monitoring and supervision.
- Reporting on the adequacy of the monitoring systems to ensure that it continues to meet the current and future demands of the BRT;
- Ensuring service provider compliance with the conditions of contract, operating procedures and headways at all times.
- Maintaining regular liaison/contact with nominated key stakeholders including Traffic Police, contracted service suppliers and with others as may be required on an intermittent or emergency basis;
- Other office related tasks as may be requested by the assistant manager BRT control centre from time to time.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Transport Planning /Operation/Engineering, Urban Infrastructure Engineering / Planning or relevant field from a recognized university.
At least two years post qualification experience. Experience in monitoring, reporting and supervision will be an added advantage.
- EXPERIENCE AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Above average skills in consultative team communications and operational management.
- Good in responding to emergency response and mitigation measures,
- Competence in using monitoring/surveillance technology, related computer equipment and software.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver reports and agreed actions in a timely manner and within the budget.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility in accordance with sound management principles and skills.
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with management, line agencies, general public and other stakeholders; and
- Empathic communicator, able to work with a team and see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Well-presented and business-like.
- Age below 30 years.
- Fluency in English, Urdu and Pashto would be an added advantage.
- Good health, allow to work long and irregular hours (when required).
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Deadline: 5pm of 27th May, 2019
Market based competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidates. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria may apply by filling the Job Application Form. Filled and signed applications supported by CV, covering letter and copies of educational and experience certificates, CNIC and photograph shall be sent by email to: email@example.com. Please put post applied in the subject line, along with the candidate name.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview. No TA/DA will be admissible for interview.
TransPeshawar is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org