About Our Projects
Peshawar BRT project, which is branded as “Zu Peshawar”, is one of the mega project assigned by KPUMA to TransPeshawar. The Zu Peshawar includes a network of seven routes on which 220 buses will operate as well include a network of Bicycle Sharing System. Main features of the Peshawar BRT System are as follows: –
- Main Route Length – 27 Km (From Chamkani to Karkhano Market)
- Number of Routes: 07 (Five: Direct Routes, One Stopping Route and One Express Route)
- BRT Stations – 30
- Number of Depots: 02 (Hayatabad & Chamkani)
- Number of Buses (Diesel/ Hybrid Buses) – 220
- 18-meter Buses: 65 (Capacity: 125 (54 +71)
- 12-meter Buses: 155 (Seating Capacity:75 (32+43)
- Number of Bicycle Sharing Stations: 32
- Number of Bicycles: 360
- Mobile App (for finding location of buses/Cycles and payment of fare/rent)
- Commercial Properties: 03 (Dabgari, Hayatabad, Chamkani)
The Civil Work and Electrical /Mechanical works of the project are executed by Peshawar Development Authority (PDA) while the following components of the project are executed by TransPeshawar.
- Procurement of Bus Fleet and Hiring of Companies for operation
- Automated Fare Collection
- Intelligent Transport System (Vehicle Location System, Passenger Information System etc.)
- Bicycle Sharing System
- Station Management Services
- Bus Industry Restructuring Program
TransPeshawar will operate the “Zu Peshawar” once the civil works are completed and handed over by PDA to TransPeshawar.
Please click here to download brief about the project…….